The Jeep Compass 4xe is a plug-in hybrid SUV that combines the ruggedness of a Jeep with the efficiency of an electric vehicle. It offers a range of up to 31 miles on electric power alone, and a total range of over 300 miles with the petrol engine. It also features a sophisticated all-wheel drive system that can tackle any terrain, from city streets to mountain trails.
But what if you want to treat yourself and your Jeep to a relaxing and rejuvenating experience? What if you want to escape the stress of everyday life and enjoy some well-deserved pampering? Well, you might want to head to the Zurzach spa, a thermal resort in Switzerland that offers a variety of wellness and health services, as well as stunning natural scenery.
The History of Zurzach Spa
The Zurzach spa is located in the picturesque Rhine landscape of Canton Aargau, about 30 minutes from Zurich by car. The spa has a long and fascinating history, dating back to the Roman times when it was known as Tenedo and was a popular destination for soldiers and travelers.
The spa owes its existence to a lucky discovery in 1914 when hot spring water was found by accident while drilling for salt. The water, which has a temperature of 39.9°C and a high concentration of sodium sulfate, has been bubbling up to the surface from a depth of around 400 meters since 1955. The water is soothing and revitalizing, thanks to its precious minerals and alkaline properties.
Today, the Zurzach spa is one of the largest thermal spa resorts in Switzerland, attracting thousands of visitors every year. It offers a wide range of facilities and services, from thermal pools and saunas to medical wellness and beauty treatments to hotels and restaurants. It also boasts a beautiful parkland, where you can enjoy the fresh air and the greenery.
The Attractions of Zurzach Spa
The Zurzach spa has something for everyone, whether you are looking for relaxation, recreation, or rejuvenation. Here are some of the main attractions that you can enjoy at the spa:
- The thermal baths: The spa has four large outdoor pools and four indoor pools filled with natural thermal water. The pools have different features, such as massage jets, waterfalls, flowing baths, and crystal steam baths. You can also swim in the natural pool, which is unheated and surrounded by plants and rocks. The pools are open all year round, and are especially enchanting at night, when underwater lights illuminate them.
- The sauna landscape: The spa has a textile-free sauna area where you can experience various types of saunas and steam baths, such as the bore rig sauna, the salt grotto, the herbal sauna, and the fire and ice sauna. The sauna area also has a cold water pool, a relaxation room, and a bar and lounge. The sauna landscape is inspired by the history of salt drilling in Zurzach and features elements such as pipes, valves, and gauges.
- The wellness center: The spa has a wellness center, where you can indulge in a variety of massages, facials, body treatments, and packages. The wellness center uses natural and organic products, such as algae, mud, honey, and chocolate. You can also try some of the special treatments, such as the hot stone massage, the aromatherapy massage, or the wine therapy.
- The medical wellness center: The spa has a medical wellness center, where you can consult with qualified doctors and therapists and receive personalized advice and treatments. The medical wellness center offers services such as physiotherapy, osteopathy, acupuncture, nutrition, and weight management. You can also benefit from the spa’s rehabilitation clinic, which specializes in orthopedic, rheumatic, and neurological conditions.
- The hotels and restaurants: The spa has four hotels, each with its own style and character. The hotels offer comfortable and elegant rooms, as well as direct access to the spa via underground corridors. The hotels also have their own restaurants, where you can savor delicious dishes made with fresh and local ingredients. You can also dine at the spa’s restaurant and bars, which serve a variety of cuisines, from Swiss to Mediterranean, from Asian to vegetarian.