New York City is known for many things: its iconic skyline, its diverse culture, its vibrant nightlife, and its notorious traffic. But what if there was a way to enjoy the Big Apple without the hassle of finding parking, paying tolls, or emitting harmful emissions? Enter the MINI Countryman E, the all-electric version of the popular compact crossover that combines urban style with eco-friendly performance.
The MINI Countryman E made its US debut in September 2023 during Climate Week NYC, the largest annual climate event of its kind. The event, hosted by URBAN-X, the startup accelerator founded by MINI, featured a panel discussion on the topic of transforming future mobility, where the MINI Countryman E was showcased as an example of how electric vehicles can make a positive impact on the environment and the society.
The MINI Countryman E is the first fully electric model from the British brand, and it offers a range of benefits for urban drivers, such as:
- A range of up to 287 miles on a single charge, according to the WLTP cycle, is more than enough for most daily commutes and weekend trips.
- A fast charging capability of up to 130 kW allows the battery to go from 10% to 80% in less than 30 minutes, making recharge on the go convenient.
- A spacious and versatile interior, with enough room for five passengers and their luggage, as well as surfaces made of recycled polyester and wheels made of up to 70% secondary aluminum, to reduce the environmental footprint of the vehicle.
- A distinctive and dynamic design, with a prominent grille, LED headlights, roof rails, and front and rear skid plates, gives the MINI Countryman E a rugged and adventurous look while retaining the signature MINI charm and character.
- A powerful and agile performance, with a 204-horsepower electric motor that delivers instant torque and acceleration and an intelligent all-wheel drive system that adapts to different road conditions and driving modes, ensuring a smooth and fun ride.
The MINI Countryman E is not only a great option for individual drivers but also for businesses and organizations that want to reduce their carbon footprint and save money on fuel and maintenance costs. In fact, the MINI Countryman E is already being used by some of the most innovative and forward-thinking companies in New York City, such as:
- Revel, a shared electric mobility company that operates a fleet of electric mopeds, bikes, and cars, including the MINI Countryman E, that users can rent and park anywhere in the city using a smartphone app. Revel aims to provide a convenient, affordable, and sustainable alternative to traditional transportation options and to improve the quality of life in urban areas.
- Charge, a micromobility infrastructure company that builds and operates charging stations for electric vehicles, such as scooters, bikes, and cars, including the MINI Countryman E, in strategic locations across the city, such as parking garages, gas stations, and retail spaces. Charge aims to solve the problem of cluttered and poorly maintained electric vehicles on the streets, and to enable a seamless and reliable charging experience for users.
- The New York Times, one of the most influential and respected media outlets in the world, uses the MINI Countryman E as part of its fleet of vehicles for its journalists and reporters, who need to travel around the city and beyond to cover the latest news and stories. The New York Times aims to uphold its high standards of journalism and ethics while also embracing innovation and sustainability.
These are just some of the examples of how the MINI Countryman E is making a difference in New York City and how it can help you enjoy the best of both worlds: the excitement and diversity of urban life and the comfort and efficiency of the electric mobility. If you want to learn more about the MINI Countryman E or book a test drive, visit the official website or contact your local dealer. You can also follow the MINI social media channels to stay updated on the latest news and events. The MINI Countryman E is not just a car, it’s a lifestyle. And it’s ready to electrify your city. @via Panorica.